Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Zirconia Crowns: 3 C’s keys

 What dentists find attractive about full zirconia crowns are their simplicity. The benefits are clear: fast response to patient needs, reduced work time and chair-side costs. All these, when met together, result in a profitable dental practice.

 Through the years I have developed a simple list of rules that I use to rank dental lab service. I call it the “3 C’s rule”.


-The 3 C’s RULE-
Communication
I like to work with technicians who share valuable information before taking a decision. For example, when I send dental impression for full zirconia crowns I like to be informed about work model defects, color match doubts and especially deadlines. If there no certainty about the quality of the final work, I prefer to repeat the impression or correct my preparation.








Consistency
For me this is the most important rule.  What I hate the most is unpredictable work, which means more chair side costs and a possible bad dentist reputation. Many dentists across US, point consistency out as the most common reason for changing their dental laboratory services. So take care about this.




Customization
I will always choose a technician that can customize my lab work, especially, when full zirconia crowns are in scene. New zirconia systems give dentists versatile options for achieving their esthetic goals, so offering customization is always a good idea.
Finally, I know price is important to be competitive, but only within certain limits. No dentist would risk his reputation for low cost lab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment